Monday, April 21, 2008

Is tomorrow D-Day?!?!

Okay, so I am not usually one to believe rumors but for some reason there is one rumor that I am afraid I believe and I will know for sure tomorrow whether I fell for just another rumor or not.

The Canon 5D has been out for a few years now with no replacement, this is weird because camera companies, including Canon, put new bodies out every 18 months on consumer models and 36 months for pro models. Since the 5D is considered a pro body, it is due for a replacement.

I found this link not too long ago and I have read so many people talking about whether it is true or not. Last year there was a log of talk about a Canon 7D or the other name for the same product was 5D Mark II. I believed it was going to be named Canon 5D Mark II but now I am thinking that Canon 7D will be the name as I seen a post on a forum about a UPC code for the Canon EOS 7D.

Here is something interesting that I discovered today. Now, this was not found on any forum, this is just my crazy head playing with numbers. The release date is April 22nd, the date of availability is June 2. Now follow this...

4/22/08 = 16
6/02/08 = 16
_____________

They are the same...weird.


1 + 6 = 7 (7D?)

_____________

Another coincidence? We will know tomorrow.

Mike

*******************************************************************

Update: it is now after midnight so officially it is the 22nd of April here on the east coast of the US. No sign of the 5D yet...I think it is a huge hoax!

1 comment:

Amy Rae Photography said...

I talked to a retailer in MPLS for cameras and they said that Canon would have had to announce anything coming out this spring already so they don't know of anything coming out and we have to wait for the fall, but I like your news better!! That means the 5D price will go down, so then I can get one! YEAH!

About Me