Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Wedding Bag?


Okay, so I have been asked what bag I carry to weddings and why. Well, I currently carry a Tamrac Cyberpak 6, which is a backpack style carrier. While it is comfortable and roomy, I have decided to switch.

Recently I ordered a Stanley tool box from Amazon. I learned about a similar tool box from a fellow shooter. The great thing about this tool box is that once you line it with foam, you have a mobile (pull behind) camera storage unit that holds everything! The one I purchased has a top unit that will hold my D300, D300 bracket, 24-70, 70-200 and an SB-800 flash. The first drawer will hold my pocket wizards, Vivitar 285HV flash units, screw drivers, cleaning equipment and just about all the extra little things needed. The next set of drawers will house AA batteries, camera batteries, memory cards, wires and so on. The final compartment at the bottom will hold my Alien Bees, all back-up equipment and extension cables.

Mounted to the side of the tool box will be two Calumet 13.5' air cushioned light stands and a tripod. This should be everything I need for a wedding! Oh yeah, and I can remove the top part of the tool box to stand on to shoot formals!

I also have a Tamrac belt with Nikon lens bags that I wear during weddings. Makes for quick access to things like lens, flashes, batteries and cf cards.

No comments:

About Me