Saturday, September 6, 2008

Meeting David Jay!!!

Okay, so in a previous post I listed my favorite 5 photographers. Four of these photographers I thought I would never have the pleasure of meeting until this past week.

David Jay was coming to Orlando for the Free To Succeed Tour. I immediately bought tickets and scheduled the time off of work. About two weeks ago I decided that it would be a great idea to throw an after-party for the tour stop and a day after photo shoot.

I asked Kevin from KevinKeelan.com if we could throw the party at the studio and he of course said, YES! He then helped with the planning and definitely made the planning a pleasure. I then contacted people on a forum known as OSP and let them know of my idea and so many wonderful people jumped right on the opportunity.

I contacted David Jay on the forum with my idea and he responded that it sounded great and that I needed to contact his assistant. After speaking with his assistant Crystal a couple of times it seemed promising that he would come but I know he is a busy man so I didn't really expect it.

The night of the tour was amazing, in the four hours I spent at the seminar I learned so much...it was so intense and just what I needed. I walked up to David Jay and asked if he was coming to the party and he said, OH YEAH! WOW, David Jay coming to my party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well since he was traveling by bus he needed a ride to the party which we were happy to provide. At the party it was amazing to chat with someone I look up to so much in wedding photography. David is not only an amazing photographer but he is an amazing person. So non-arrogant, so friendly and so willing to provide all of his trade secrets...so I guess that aren't really secrets then, huh? :)

Sadly at about 2 am I had to take David and his wonderful girlfriend Alley back to their bus. :(

I had always told my wife that one day I would meet David Jay and it was more than I ever expected!

David, if you read this THANK YOU! You are truly and inspiration and I can't wait to come to California to visit!



Oh by the way DJ, can't wait to start traveling the world with you! ;)

1 comment:

Kevin Keelan said...

Nothing like going Global!
Kev

About Me